Efficient model maintenance at CLAAS
- Technology Workshop
- Process Analysis & Optimization
- Code Analysis & Generation
- Data format conception & development
Combining longevity and innovation
Whether combine harvesters, tractors or forage harvesters: As one of the global market leaders in the field of agricultural technology, the company CLAAS has stood equally for innovative strength and for the durability of its products for more than 100 years. This combination presents a complex challenge to software development for agricultural machinery: the parallelization of new developments and the model maintenance of different generations of series products.
Technology-Workshop & Scaled Scrum
In an initial workshop, the process for the future tool chain was outlined and the technology concept developed. The development team from slashwhy was quickly integrated into the scaled agile development process at CLAAS: a key factor for the subsequent success of the project.
Partially automated code management
The solution includes a structure that describes applications or enables configuration for software applications, as well as a tool with which file formats can be managed or formatted. Code can now be searched very quickly and efficiently for known, logically separated elements and automatically adopted for new developments.
Achievements & Outcome
- Software development at CLAAS has gained significant speed by shortening feedback cycles and accelerating the integration of new features.
- By partially automating the code development, the development process could be optimized in terms of efficiency and vulnerability to errors.
- Overall, development risks were significantly reduced.
- Make people happy: Manual code reconciliation is no longer necessary, allowing developers at CLAAS to concentrate on demanding development tasks.
„The agile collaboration and high transparency in communication were important success factors of the project.”
„The tool makes us less dependent on disruptive influences in development projects, as parallel changes to predecessor products that are already on the market can be automatically incorporated into the development of subsequent products. This has also enabled us to reduce development risks.”
„slashwhy and we share the same mindset. The professional and interpersonal exchange worked very well right from the start. At the kick-off, we set the framework for agile collaboration and it paid off.”
„It has once again motivated and pushed our own development team to get new input from the outside by exchanging ideas with the developers from slashwhy.”
„The major benefit of the solution developed with slashwhy is that we can run the further development of the series products in parallel with the new development projects.”